People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsFAQLog in

Share | 

Ukraine court orders election officials to review ban on for

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Ukraine court orders election officials to review ban on for   Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:10 pm

Quote :
A Ukrainian court yesterday overturned a ruling by election officials that would have kept former premier Yulia Tymoshenko out of an election next month, and ordered them to re-examine her registration documents.
http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Display_news.asp?section=World_News&subsection=Rest+of+the+World&month=August2007&file=World_News200708151441.xml

Ukraine could easily compete with Moldova about the honorable title who has the worst political elites in Europe. Post-communist grip is still strong over there and the result of the battle with EU "inspired" Yuschenko is hardly predictable. Tymoshenko seems to play for herself mainly. I have followed situation in this country for quite a long time and really have no idea who would be better leader. All mainstream fraction have a way more defects than values.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine court orders election officials to review ban on for   Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:50 am

I have similar thoughts. When there was the Orange Revolution in 2004 I supported them so much - only in mind unfortunately. (I felt a bit handicapped that I cannot help anyhow in reality). Then it was clear for me who to support, Yuschenko.
Now the political palette is wider than then. I don't comment Yanukovich.
As for Yushchenko, he gave the prime minister title to Yanukovich...
As for Yulia Tyimoshenko, she also had her "susupiciously lucky" actions during privatization as what I heard, and the fact that she calls her party on her own name "Yulia Tyimoshenko Bloc" is also scary. The others are also ex-communists and/or party of the maffia.
So it is really hard to tell who to support - in mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine court orders election officials to review ban on for   Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:39 pm

You are right but our media don't cover this, they cannot raise above silly thinking scheme about "bad Yanukovich" and "good oranges". All of this after they saw Polish transformation process, amazing ignorance or aimed manipulation? Old saying says that smart people learn on somebody else's mistakes, who they are if they cannot learn even from their own mistakes?!

Unfortunately I have met some honest Ukrainians blindly trusting to oranges, ignoring their past involvement in former establishments. I'm aware that this cannot be otherwise but from the position of independent observer I can only shake my head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine court orders election officials to review ban on for   

Back to top Go down

Ukraine court orders election officials to review ban on for
Page 1 of 1