People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsFAQLog in

Share | 

Finno-Ugric peoples in Russia.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
svybski

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Finno-Ugric peoples in Russia.   Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:36 am

lemmik wrote:
Wikipedia sais - Official languages Russian, Komi
Is it wrong information there or is Komi the official language only on paper?

it is well known fact that finnougric languages and cultures are being suppressed in russia.

Komis, hang on there, dont give up on rascists!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
svybski

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Finno-Ugric peoples in Russia.   Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:56 am

NowhereMan wrote:
Some interesting links about finno-ugric peoples

http://www.suri.ee/inf/pekoi.html

http://www.suri.ee/

http://www.suri.ee/hist2/plen/sanukov.html

yes links... opinions and facts..

it says in http://www.suri.ee/inf/karelen.html that finns are not karelians and so on. That s totally BS!!

finns are made of karelian tribes which migrated from places of karelia and there was also this ancient kingdom and kingdoms near the karelian lakes. the language spoken there was closer to estonian than finnish one.

karelian tribes moved to savonia (south east finland) and people started to call that savonia and them savonians because savi means clay and swedish translation chenged the name a little bit. Those karelians who moved later on were called "archers" because they were hunters (with archs! duh Smile.

hundreds years later, savonians moved to other parts of finland and to sweden & southern norway where finns were called "forest finns" because they knew how to make tar from the wood. some of the karelians moved to north (kainuu) and to the northern norway and norwegians called them kvens / and the country was called as kvenland. 1 norwegian saga says that norway was established by finnish king Norri where the country got her name. Norri's father was Kaleva, king of Karelia.

Kalevanpojat (sons of Kaleva king) were big warriors of karelia. isnt estonian national epic called kalevanpojat?

vikings settled in the russia, created first russian "state" according to russian history (or more like "sagas"). and they later withdrew. then the connection of the ancient finnougric connection to the west (to the estonia?) got broken because russian tribes (especially the novgorod) got larger.

karelians are finns and connection or missing link between estonians and finns. some of the karelian tribes might be closer to estonians, i dont know. But karelians lived very south, near estonian borders and there was small independent karelian nation (Kirjasalon tasavalta, consisting of only 3 villages, less than 1000 people) sometime 1918-1920 defended by finnish troops. peace treaty with finland and russia demanded that those people must retreat to finland, which was weird because that nation was not part of finland (!!).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lemmik

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Finno-Ugric peoples in Russia.   Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:47 pm

telkola wrote:

it is well known fact that finnougric languages and cultures are being suppressed in russia.

I know and not only finnougric but all small nations share the same destiny. They are like Tibetan people - forced to be a minority on their own land.

Komi and Komi-Permian are different nations (languages are similar but not the same), NowhereMan is a Komi-Permian. Is Komi a official language in Komi Republic or not? I know that komi-permian isn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Finno-Ugric peoples in Russia.   Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:04 pm

Quote :

"Racists" is too strong word... or not?.. well, I have heard some people say things like "those komis are so stupid..." but in general people live quite peacefuly. It is the policy of federal goverment to suppress all regions... This country is the last colonial empire, as a matter of fact...

But we, we'll stand together! (c) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Finno-Ugric peoples in Russia.   Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:27 am

NowhereMan wrote:
Quote :

"Racists" is too strong word... or not?.. well, I have heard some people say things like "those komis are so stupid..." but in general people live quite peacefuly. It is the policy of federal goverment to suppress all regions... This country is the last colonial empire, as a matter of fact...

But we, we'll stand together! (c) Very Happy
Good old times, when Hungary gave money to build a culture-house in Latvia, for the Livonians, a minor Finno-Ugrian folk. Together with Estonian and Finnish help in 1938.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Helena

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Finno-Ugric peoples in Russia.   Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:17 pm

Maybe it's not that much racism but the fact that they influence Komis not to appreciate themselves. That's probably the best way to make a nation die out without using straight violence. Not that I had been in Russia myself.

As about the Livonian, I have heard there are about hundred of Livonian speakers left and most of them have learned it from university etc. No real Livonians any more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tambet

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Finno-Ugric peoples in Russia.   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:40 pm

Kiskun wrote:
ÁÁÁ! I didn't know Khanty numbers are so similar to Hungarian ones! WOW, I have never felt this feeling, I could understand someone speaking another language just because of my Hungarian. Only numbers, but still...

I had long and interresting conversations with finnish men in sauna in finland. They spoke in finnish, I spoke in estonian. I was 8.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finno-Ugric peoples in Russia.   

Back to top Go down

Finno-Ugric peoples in Russia.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3